Blackmores Bio C 1000mg 150 Vitamin C Tablets
Blackmores Bio C 1000mg contains bioflavonoids to increase the uptake and utilization of vitamin C in the body. The formula contains mineral ascorbates making it gentle on the stomach, and contains natural sources of vitamin C, rosehips and acerola.
Vitamin C is commonly used to:
- reduce the severity and duration of colds and allergic reactions
- assist wound healing via its role in collagen production
Vitamin C is involved in hundreds of biological processes, with the most important being in the manufacture of collagen, a major protein in the body. Collagen, found in tissue, cartilage and tendons, is a structural protein and it helps to support blood vessels. Due to its role in collagen synthesis, Vitamin C is necessary for wound repair, healthy gums, prevention of bruising and to protect against infection.
Vitamin C is water-soluble and only small amounts are stored in the body after it is absorbed from the intestine. It is an antioxidant in water, and therefore helps to neutralise potentially harmful reactions in the blood and the watery fluid inside and outside the body’s cells.
Ascorbic acid 400mg
Sodium ascorbate 350mg
Calcium ascorbate 400mg, (equivalent to Vitamin C 1000mg)
Rosa canina (rosehips) extract equivalent to dry fruit 250mg
Malpighlia punicifolia (acerola) extract equivalent to dry fruit 50mg
Blackmores Bio C 1000mg is suitable for vegans and is halal certified. This product has NO added yeast, gluten, wheat, milk, derivatives, preservatives, artificial colors, flavours or sweeteners.
Adults – Take 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed. At the onset of cold symptoms the dose may be increased to 3 tablets a day.
Children under 18 years of age - Only as professionally prescribed
Contraindications and cautions:
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi.
- If you have any pre-existing conditions, or are on any medications always talk to your health professional before use.
- Some products should be ceased at least two weeks before any elective surgery, please confirm with your health professional.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding talk to your health professional before use.
- Store below 30°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
Physical description: A mustard, oblong-shaped tablet.
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
Expiry Date: December 2022