Betadine Antiseptic Solution 500mL December 2023
Betadine Antiseptic rapidly kills all bacteria and fungi commonly responsible for wound and skin infections. A powerful antiseptic containing povidone-iodine which is suitable to use on most cuts, grazes, scrapes and minor wounds.
Used in both hospitals and households around Australia, this antiseptic is recommended for the treatment of minor cuts and abrasions and is also effective against school sores, tinea and ringworm. It is essentially non-irritating to skin and will not permanently stain skin and natural fabrics.
Betadine Antiseptic Solution is a bactericidal, sporicidal, fungicidal and virucidal antiseptic.
Povidene-Iodine 10 % w/v, equivalent to 1% w/v available Iodine.
- Pre-operative preparation of skin, mucous membranes, nasal, otopharyngeal and vaginal areas. Betadine Antiseptic Solution is an aqueous solution of povidone – iodine and may be applied full strength. Betadine Antiseptic Solution is non-ototoxic. Apply undiluted as a wet compress for at least 30 minutes where a sporicidal effect is desired or where a wound is heavily contaminated.
- Post-operative surgical wound disinfection. Betadine Antiseptic Solution may be applied full strength to skin and mucous membranes following wound closure. The area may be occluded if desired.
- Prevention of infection in wounds, lacerations and abrasions. Apply full strength.
- Treatment of various bacterial, protozoal and mycotic skin infections. Apply full strength two or three times a day.
The colour of Betadine Antiseptic Solution delineates the treated area and indicates continuing antiseptic activity. More should be applied when the colour fades.
Please Note: The brown colour of Betadine antiseptics shows the area that has been treated and also denotes the activity of the product. While it's still brown, it's still working. In most cases Betadine antiseptics are non-irritating and non-stinging to the skin. They won't permanently stain the skin or natural fabrics and the treated areas may be bandaged, taped or otherwise covered.
Contraindications and cautions
- Store below 25°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Do not use if hypersensitive to iodine. If irritation, redness or swelling develops, discontinue treatment and consult a doctor.
- Do not use if cap seal is broken.
- Do not mix with detergents or other chemicals.
Expiry Date: July 2022