Blackmores Bio C 1000mg 62 Vitamin C Tablets
Blackmores Bio C 1000mg contains bioflavonoids to increase the uptake and ultilisation of vitamin C in the body. The formula contains mineral ascorbates making it gentle on the stomach, and contains natural sources of vitamin C, rosehips and acerola.
Vitamin C is commonly used to:
- reduce the severity and duration of colds and allergic reactions
- assist wound healing via its role in collagen production
Vitamin C is involved in hundreds of biological processes, with the most important being in the manufacture of collagen, a major protein in the body. Collagen, found in tissue, cartilage and tendons, is a structural protein and it helps to support blood vessels. Due to its role in collagen synthesis, vitamin C is necessary for wound repair, healthy gums, prevention of bruising and to protect against infection.
Vitamin C is water-soluble and only small amounts are stored in the body after it is absorbed from the intestine. It is an antioxidant in water, and therefore helps to neutralise potentially harmful reactions in the blood and the watery fluid inside and outside the body’s cells.
Ascorbic acid 400mg
Sodium ascorbate 350mg
Calcium ascorbate 400mg, (equiv. to vitamin C 1000mg)
Rosa canina (rosehips) extract equiv. to dry fruit 250mg
Malpighlia punicifolia (acerola) extract equiv. to dry fruit 50mg
Adults – Take 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed. At the onset of cold symptoms the dose may be increased to 3 tablets a day.
Children under 12 years – Only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and cautions
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi.
- Not to be used by children under 4 years of age without medical advice.
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
Expiry Date: August 2022