PLEASE NOTE EXPIRY DATE: AUGUST 2022 Blackmores Bio C 1000mg 62 Vitamin C Tablets
Blackmores Bio C 1000mg contains bioflavonoids to increase the uptake and ultilisation of vitamin C in the body. The formula contains mineral ascorbates making it gentle on the stomach, and contains natural sources of vitamin C, rosehips and acerola.
- Reduces the severity and duration of common cold symptoms
- High potency one-a-day dose of vitamin C
- Buffered with mineral ascorbates to give you a vitamin C that’s gentle on the stomach
- Added bioflavonoids thought to support the efficacy of vitamin C
- Contains rosehips and acerola which are sources of vitamin C
- Supports immune system health
- Contains antioxidant properties and helps reduce free radicals formed in the body
- Supports general health and wellbeing
Vitamin C is involved in hundreds of biological processes, with the most important being in the manufacture of collagen, a major protein in the body. Collagen, found in tissue, cartilage and tendons, is a structural protein and it helps to support blood vessels. Due to its role in collagen synthesis, Vitamin C is necessary for wound repair, healthy gums, prevention of bruising and to protect against infection.
Vitamin C is water-soluble and only small amounts are stored in the body after it is absorbed from the intestine. It is an antioxidant in water, and therefore helps to neutralise potentially harmful reactions in the blood and the watery fluid inside and outside the body’s cells.
Ascorbic acid 400mg
Sodium ascorbate 350mg
Calcium ascorbate 400mg, (equivalent to Vitamin C 1000mg)
Rosa canina (rosehips) extract equivalent to dry fruit 250mg
Malpighlia punicifolia (acerola) extract equivalent to dry fruit 50mg
No added yeast, gluten, wheat, milk derivatives or preservatives. No added artificial flavours, or sweeteners.
Adults – Take 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed. At the onset of cold symptoms the dose may be increased to 3 tablets a day.
Children under 18 years – Only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and cautions:
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your health professional before use.
- Store below 30°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Contains benzoates.
- Suitable for vegans.
- Each tablet contains approximately 40 mg of sodium.
- A mustard, oblong-shaped tablet.
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.