Blackmores Bio C 500mg 200 Chewable Tablets Vitamin C December 2023
Blackmores Bio C 500mg Chewable is a great tasting orange flavoured chewable vitamin C supplement for the whole family. The formula contains bioflavonoids to increase the uptake and utilisation of vitamin C in the body. It also contains mineral ascorbates making it gentle on the stomach, as well as natural sources of vitamin C, rosehips and acerola.
Vitamin C is commonly used to:
- reduce the severity and duration of colds and allergic reactions
- assist wound healing via its role in collagen production
Vitamin C is involved in hundreds of biological processes, with the most important being in the manufacture of collagen, a major protein in the body. Collagen, found in tissue, cartilage and tendons, is a structural protein and it helps to support blood vessels. Due to its role in collagen synthesis, vitamin C is necessary for wound repair, healthy gums, prevention of bruising and to protect against infection.
Vitamin C is water-soluble and only small amounts are stored in the body after it is absorbed from the intestine. It is an antioxidant in water, and therefore helps to neutralise potentially harmful reactions in the blood and the watery fluid inside and outside the body’s cells.
- Supports immune system health in adults & children
- No artificial sweeteners*
- Reduces the severity and duration of common cold symptoms
- Buffered with mineral ascorbates to give you a vitamin C that’s gentle on the stomach
- Added bioflavonoids thought to support the efficacy of vitamin C
- Supports general health and wellbeing
- Contains antioxidant properties and helps reduce free radicals formed in the body
*Sweetened with naturally derived ingredients.
Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) 225 mg
Sodium ascorbate (ascorbic acid, vitamin C 275 mg) 309.4 mg
Citrus bioflavonoids extract 10 mg
Adults – Chew 1 tablet twice a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children 4-12 years – Chew 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 4 years – Only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and cautions:
- Contains benzoates, soya bean products and sulfites.
- Not to be used by children under 4 years of age without medical advice.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding talk to your healthcare professional before use.
- Store below 30°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.