Blackmores Cholesterol Health 60 Capsules September 2024
Blackmores Cholesterol Health Capsules may help to maintain healthy cholesterol levels and improve LDL:HDL cholesterol ratio within a normal healthy range. This formula complements diet and lifestyle measures to support healthy cholesterol levels.
- Helps reduce intestinal absorption of cholesterol from dietary sources.
- Helps maintains healthy cholesterol.
- Maintains general health and wellbeing.
Provides a relevant dose of plant sterols. and complements diet and lifestyle measures to support healthy cholesterol levels.
Cholesterol maintenance is an important part of many people's diet and lifestyle regimes. Blackmores Cholesterol Health contains plant sterols, which research shows a daily dose of 2-3 grams of plant sterols from plant sterol-enriched food helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
It also contains betacarotene, as betacarotene absorption may be reduced when taking plant sterols. Plant sterols are fat-like compounds with a chemical structure that is very similar to cholesterol. However, compared to cholesterol, plant sterols are only minimally absorbed. They are naturally present in everyday foods especially in vegetables, fruit, nuts, grains and cooking oils. During digestion, the plant sterols compete with cholesterol for absorption. What this means is that less cholesterol is absorbed and more cholesterol is excreted.
Vegetable oil phytosterol esters (plant sterols) 1g (1000 mg),
Natural betacarotene 1.5mg
No added yeast, gluten, milk derivatives or preservatives. No added artificial flavours or sweeteners.
Blackmores Cholesterol Health is not suitable for vegetarians as the capsule is made from bovine (beef) gelatin.
This product is not halal certified.
Adults - Take 1 capsule twice daily with main meal or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 12 years - Take only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and cautions:
- Store below 30°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Contains sulfites and plant sterols which are primarily derived from soybean oil, but sunflower oil may also be used.
- Not suitable for pregnant or lactating women.
- There is no benefit from taking more than 3g/day of phytosterols from all sources.
- If you have any pre-existing conditions, or are on any medications always talk to your health professional before use.
- Not for the treatment of high cholesterol.
- Blood cholesterol levels should be regularly checked.
- Red coloured soft gel capsule.
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.