Blackmores CoQ10 75mg 90 Capsules October 2023
Blackmores CoQ10 75mg is a natural source of coenzyme Q10 and a powerful antioxidant that helps replenish levels of CoQ10 that may deplete with age.
- Supports heart health
- Supports CoQ10 levels in the body
- Supports energy levels
- CoQ10 is an antioxidant
- Helps reduce free radicals formed in the body
CoQ10 occurs naturally in every cell in the body with high concentrations found in the heart. CoQ10 is a powerful antioxidant which helps to maintain the health of arteries and inhibits the oxidisation of LDL cholesterol.
CoQ10 helps to support cardiovascular health by assisting in the normal healthy functioning of the heart. It is a powerful antioxidant that helps to protect all cells
of the body from oxidative damage in particular the arteries which is helpful for providing healthy ageing support.
Coenzyme Q10 is required for energy production. CoQ10 is especially required for oxygen uptake and the production of energy in the cells. The presence of coenzyme Q10 in the cells is required for the conversion of energy from the carbohydrates and fats you eat this then used by the cells (ATP) to assist in energy production.
The level of CoQ10 is the highest in organs with higher rates of metabolism such as the heart, kidney, and liver, where it functions as an energy transfer molecule.
Coenzyme Q10 levels can decline with age.
CoQ10 inhibits the oxidation of LDL cholesterol. LDL cholesterol oxidation is believed to play a significant role in heart health.
Cholesterol is a wax like substance that is found in the fats (lipids) in your blood. It is naturally made by the body and is essential for many of the body's metabolic processes, including making bile acids which help absorb important nutrients. It also makes hormones such as oestrogen, testosterone and vitamin D and also plays a vital role as part of the structure of cell membranes.
LDL cholesterol may contribute to poor cardiovascular health as it is highly susceptible to oxidative damage by free radicals.
People with high cholesterol tend to have lower levels of CoQ10.
Primary dietary sources of CoQ10 include oily fish (such as salmon and tuna), organ meats (such as liver), although smaller quantities are found in wholegrain cereals, soya beans, nuts and vegetables, particularly spinach and broccoli.
CoQ10 is fat-soluble, so it is better absorbed when taken with a meal that contains oil or fat.
Ubidecarenone (Coenzyme Q10) 75mg
No added gluten, wheat, milk derivatives or preservatives. No added artificial flavours, or sweeteners.
Adults – Take 2 capsules daily to support energy levels, heart and blood vessel health. Take 1 capsule daily to support CoQ10 levels in the body
Children under 18 years – Only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and cautions:
- Store below 30°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Contains soya bean products and sulfites.
- Not to be taken if on warfarin therapy without medical advice.
- May occasionally cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms.
- Not vegetarian suitable, as it contains bovine (beef) gelatin.
- Consult your health care professional before use if you are being treated for high blood pressure
- Consult your health care professional if being treated for diabetes
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding please consult your healthcare professional before use.
- Consult your health care professional before use if taking a diuretic (fluid tablet)
- A brown, unprinted, oval, soft gelatin capsule.
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.