Blackmores Macu-Vision Plus 120 Tablets April 2024
Blackmores Macu-Vision Plus is a vitamin, mineral and antioxidant eyes formula that form the protective macular pigment of the eye, which may help preserve overall eye health. It incorporates two new ingredients - lutein and zeaxanthin – which help protect the macula from oxidative damage.
- Helps maintain macula eye health
- Helps maintain eye retina health
- Maintains healthy eye function
- Maintains eye health in aging individuals
- Supports general health and wellbeing
The macula is responsible for providing acute, central vision. Antioxidants such as vitamin E, vitamin C, lutein and zeaxanthin are found in high concentrations in the eye. The eye is susceptible to oxidative damage as it is constantly exposed to the effects of light and oxygen. Due to their chemical structure, lutein and zeaxanthin have the ability to scavenge free radicals and may help to protect the macula from oxidative damage.
Supplementation with lutein and zeaxanthin may increase macular pigment density, associated with improved visual sensitivity at lower light levels.
Lutein and zeaxanthin may also help to filter high-energy blue light, aiding eye function and may help to protect the cells from light induced damage.
Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) 250 mg
d-alpha-Tocopheryl acid succinate (vitamin E 200 IU) 165 mg
Zinc oxide (zinc 40 mg) 49.8 mg
Cupric oxide (copper 1 mg) 1.25 mg
Lutein 5 mg
Zeaxanthin 1 mg
Blackmores Macu-Vision Plus has NO added wheat, yeast, gluten, milk products or derivatives, artificial sweeteners or flavours.
Adults – Take 1 tablet daily with main meal, or as professionally prescribed.
Children – Not recommended for children under 18 years of age.
Contraindications and cautions:
- Contains zinc, which may be dangerous if taken in large amounts or for a long period of time (usually doses of 50 mg or more daily, taken for 10 weeks or longer).
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding talk to your health professional before use.
- May occasionally cause gastric irritation if taken without food.
- Some products should be ceased at least two weeks before any elective surgery, please confirm with your health professional.
- Contains soya bean products.
- Store below 30°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Physical description: Capsule-shaped tablet. Film-coated light yellow.
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.