Blackmores Milk Thistle 42 Tablets September 2024
Blackmores Milk Thistle aids normal liver function and may help protect liver cells. It has antioxidant activity and supports regeneration of liver cells.
The liver performs an incredible number of functions in the body including the production of bile and the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, fats and many other compounds used by the body. It also metabolises drugs and detoxifies ingested substances such as alcohol and other toxins produced by the body.
The main active constituents of Milk Thistle are silymarin, which are silybin, silydianin and silychristin. Silymarin stimulates manufacture of protein in the liver, resulting in increased production and regeneration of new liver cells, replacing old and damaged cells.
- Traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to support healthy liver function
- Traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to support natural liver cleansing process
- Traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to reduce symptoms of indigestion
- Traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to protect the liver
Silybum marianum (milk thistle) extract dry conc 100mg equiv. to dry 7g (7000 mg) standardised to contain silymarin 55 mg
No added yeast, gluten, wheat, milk derivatives or preservatives. No added artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners.
A small, light yellow, oval shaped tablet.
Adults – Take 1 tablet 3 times a day, or as professionally prescribed. Take with food.
Contraindications and cautions:
- Store below 30°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Do not use if cap seal is broken or missing.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your health professional before use
- If you have any pre-existing conditions or are on any medications always talk to your health professional before use
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.