Blackmores Peritone 84 Tablets
Blackmores Peritone is a combination of laxative herbs cape aloes and cascara to relieve constipation. The active constituents of these herbs are traditionally known to stimulate peristalsis, which is the contraction of the smooth muscle of the bowel. This action promotes evacuation and thus helps to relieve constipation.
Aloe ferox (cape aloes) leaf inner juice powder 120 mg
Frangula purshiana (cascara) extract equiv. to dry bark 140 mg
Zingiber officinale (ginger) root powder 20 mg
Elettaria cardamomum (cardamon) fruit powder 5 mg
Mentha piperita (peppermint oil) 300 µg
Adults -Take 1 tablet with a full glass of water with a main meal or as professionally prescribed
Contraindications and cautions
- Store below 25°C.
- Contains sulfites
- Use in children under 12 years is not recommended
- Prolonged use may cause serious bowel problems
- Do not use when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present or if you develop diarrhoea
- Not recommended for use beyond 1-2 weeks
- Do not use in pregnancy or breastfeeding
- If you have any pre-existing conditions, or are on any medications always talk to your health professional before use
- Some products should be ceased at least two weeks before any elective surgery, please confirm with your health professional
- A dark green, round biconvex tablet.
Drink plenty of water. For ongoing management of constipation, it is recommended that bowel regularity is aided by including plenty of water and fibre in the diet and regular exercise.
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
Expiry Date: March 2024