Blackmores Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Gold 60 Capsules May 2023
Blackmores Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Formula Gold is specially formulated to provide the essential nutrients required prior to and during pregnancy, as well as when breast-feeding.
Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold provides 20 important nutrients in total including a daily dose of:
- 500 microgram of folic acid which, if taken daily for one month before conception and during pregnancy, may reduce the risk of having a child with spina bifida/neural tube defects
- 150 microgram of iodine for baby's brain and hearing development
- Lower constipation iron
- Odourless and concentrated fish oil, rich in DHA for baby's brain and nervous system development
Two capsules per day provide recommended dietary intake of most vitamins for pregnant women, plus minerals and oils essential for the baby's health.
Concentrated omega-3 triglycerides fish 250 mg containing omega-3 marine triglycerides 150 mg
Nicotinamide 9 mg
Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) 30 mg
Calcium carbonate (calcium 50 mg) 125 mg
Biotin 15 µg
Iron (II) glycinate (iron 5 mg) 19.22 mg
Zinc oxide (zinc 5.5 mg) 6.82 mg
Magnesium oxide-heavy (magnesium 35 mg) 58.1 mg
Selenomethionine (selenium 32.5 μg) 81.3 µg
Chromium picolinate (chromium 15 µg) 121 µg
Thiamine nitrate (vitamin B1) 700 µg
Riboflavin (vitamin B2) 700 µg
Calcium pantothenate (pantothenic acid, vitamin B5 2.5 mg) 2.73 mg
Pyridoxine hydrochloride (pyridoxine, vitamin B6 950 µg) 1.16 mg
Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12) 1.3 µg
Cholecalciferol (vitamin D 500 IU) 12.5 µg
Folic acid 250 µg
d-alpha-Tocopherol (natural vitamin E 5.22 IU) 3.5 mg
Potassium iodide (iodine 75 µg) 98.3 µg
Betacarotene (as Dunaliella salina extract equivalent to fresh cell 60 mg) 2.4 mg
No added yeast, gluten, wheat, milk derivatives, sweeteners or preservatives.
Adults – Take 2 capsules a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and cautions:
- Not recommended for children under 12 years
- Do not exceed the stated dose of folic acid. If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect / spina bifida, seek medical advice
- This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A daily dose of 150 μg for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded
- Contains fish, sulfites and soya bean products
- Drink plenty of water.
- Oblong, opaque brown capsule
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.