Blackmores Vitamin C 500mg 120 Tablets February 2026
Blackmores Vitamin C 500mg is a dietary supplement that provides vitamin C in the form of ascorbic acid. This easy-to-swallow tablet is suitable for those who require additional vitamin C for general health and wellbeing of the body.
- Maintains vitamin C levels in the body and supports immune system health
- Reduces the severity and duration of common colds symptoms
- Supports collagen formation and is an antioxidant helping to reduce free radical damage to the body cells
The human body does not manufacture its own vitamin C and so it must be sourced from our diet. Stress of all kinds, including ill health and emotional stress, increases the excretion of vitamin C from the body and therefore raises the need for this vitamin. If dietary intake is low, or the individual’s need is particularly high, vitamin supplementation may be of benefit.
Vitamin C is involved in hundreds of biological processes. It is important in immunity as it is involved in the function of white blood cells and antibodies. It is also a vitally important antioxidant. Its beneficial when dealing with illness.
Vitamin C is involved in the manufacture of collagen, an important protein in the body.
Collagen is a structural protein found in cartilage and tendons, and it helps to support blood vessels. Due to its role in collagen manufacture vitamin C is necessary for wound repair.
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 500mg
No added yeast, gluten, wheat, milk derivatives or preservatives. No added artificial flavours, or sweeteners.
Adults – Take one tablet 1 to 2 times a day with meals or as professionally prescribed
Children under 18 years – Only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and cautions:
- Not to be used by children under 4 years of age without medical advice.
- Suitable for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding. If uncertain please talk to your healthcare professional before use.
- Store below 30°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Yellow capsule shaped tablet
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.