Mylan Actilax Mixture 500mL July 2023
Mylan Actilax Mixture is a lactulose solution for the treatment of chronic and habitual constipation. It offers gentle, quick and effective treatment for constipation so you can take on the day with confidence.
Adults: The usual initial dose is 15 to 30 mL daily. After three days, the dose may be reduced to 10 to 25 mL daily for maintenance.
Children: It is recommended that if Actilax is given to infants and children, this should be done under medical supervision. The usual initial daily doses (for the first three days) are as follows:
7 to 14 years: 15 mL. After three days, the dose may be reduced to 10mL daily for maintenance.
1 to 6 years: 10 mL. After three days, the dose may be reduced to 5 to 10mL daily for maintenance.
Infants under 1 year: 5 mL. After three days, the dose may be reduced to 3 to 5mL daily for maintenance.
Note. Actilax solution may be more acceptable when mixed with fruit juice, water or milk.
When experiencing constipation patients should be advised to drink plenty of water, and increase the fibre content in their diet.
Contraindications and cautions
- Store under 25 °C. Do not refrigerate or freeze.
- Do not use if you suffer from bowel obstruction.
- It is recommended that if Actilax is given to infants and children for periods greater than 1 month, this should be done under medical supervision.
- Prolonged use of laxatives is undesirable.
- Contains sulfites and sugars (as lactose, galactose and others)
- Keep out of reach of children.
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
Expiry Date: July 2023