Australia Health Warehouse
Gaviscon Liquid Dual Action Peppermint 300mL November 2024
Gaviscon Liquid Dual Action brings fast, soothing and long-lasting relief from the pain and discomfort of heartburn (gastric reflux) and indigestion.
It works in two different ways:
- More effective reduction of excess stomach acid to relieve discomfort.
- Forming a protective layer over the stomach contents to soothe the burning pain in your chest.
Gaviscon Liquid Dual Action works in two different ways to effectively relieve the symptoms of heartburn and indigestion:
- The antacid – the antacid in Gaviscon Dual Action neutralises excess stomach acid to relieve the pain and discomfort of indigestion.
- The raft – the sodium alginate in Gaviscon Dual Action forms a thick layer (think of it like a ‘raft’) on top of your stomach contents. The ‘raft’ then acts as a physical barrier that helps keep your stomach contents where they belong – in your stomach – and not in your food pipe where they can cause discomfort and burning pain.
Each 10mL dose of oral liquid suspension contains:
500mg Sodium Alginate
213mg Sodium Bicarbonate
325mg Calcium Carbonate
Contains hydroxybenzoates, saccharin and sodium.
Liquid: Shake well before use.
Adults and children over 12 years: 20mL.
Children 6-12 years: 10mL.
Not recommended for children under 6 years.
Take as required after meals and before going to bed, up to 4 times a day or as directed.
The maximum total daily intake (80mL) for adults contains 1023mg of sodium (take into account if on a low sodium diet).
Contraindications and cautions:
- Store below 30°C but do NOT refrigerate.
- Ensure cap seal is unbroken before first use.
- Discard 6 months after opening
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Glass bottle-handle with care.
- Do not drink directly from bottle.
- Does not contain aluminium, sugar, gluten or artificial colouring.
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.