Cold Sore Cream Tube 2g August 2025
Cold Sore Cream delivers the active ingredient, aciclovir, efficiently and deeply into your skin to fight the virus that causes cold sores. Designed to be simple to use and effective, apply Cold Sore Cream at the first tingle to get to the cause of your cold sore. Cold Sore Cream is uniquely formulated to maximise penetration, to effectively fight the virus that causes cold sores.
Cold Sore Cream contains the anti-viral agent, aciclovir 5%, that stops the multiplication of the cold sore virus. MAC-P penetrating formula gets to the site of infection to speed healing. Use Cold Sore Cream five times a day at approximately four hourly intervals for four days.
- MAC-P penetrating formula gets to the site of infection to speed healing.
- Available in a tube or pump for a clean, controlled application.
- Easy rub-in formula: with dimethicone that disappears quickly into the skin.
- Cuts healing time in half compared with no cold sore treatment. *
- Speeds healing to get rid of cold sores.
- 24hr aciclovir penetration compared to other aciclovir creams.
Aciclovir 5% w/w cream.
At the first sign of a tingle or blister apply a small amount to the affected area five times daily for 4 days - Wash your hands, apply the cold sore cream with a cotton swab or your fingers and wash your hands again. - Use enough to completely cover the sore and the surrounding area.
- First sign: Apply at the first sign of a tingle, bump or itch. If you miss the first signs, you can also start to use it at the blister stage.
- Keep it clean: Remove any cosmetics before applying Cold Sore Cream. Always wash your hands with soap and water before and after treating your cold sore.
- Don't skimp or skip: Apply to the affected area five times a day at approximately 4-hourly intervals for four days. With a cotton swab or your finger, use enough to completely cover the cold sore and surrounding area. Just rub in gently and completely. If you miss a dose, just apply the next time you remember and continue on schedule.
- Don't share: Cold sores are contagious. Don’t share your tube or pump with anybody else.
- Make it up: You can apply cosmetics like lipstick over Cold Sore Cream, after it has completely dried. Always use a separate make-up applicator, like a cotton swab to avoid spreading the infection.
- 4 days max: Use Cold Sore Cream for no more than 4 days. If your symptoms do not improve after 4 days of treatment with Cold Sore Cream, you should tell your doctor.
Discontinue use if sensitivity occurs or irritation develops. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
Contraindications and cautions:
- Do not use if you are pregnant, unless under medical advice.
- Do not use if the nozzle is punctured
- Do not use in children under 12 years of age and keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid contact with eyes, inside the mouth or nose.
- Do not refrigerate
- Store below 25°C
- For external use only.
Always read the label and use only as directed.