Australia Health Warehouse
Betadine Cold Sore Ointment Cream 7.5g August 2023
Betadine Cold Sore Ointment Cream, if applied at the first signs of a cold sore (usually itching or tingling sensation) can help to check the infection. They can inactivate the virus, thus reducing the risk of spread of infection
Povidone-Iodine 10% w/w equivalent to 1% w/w available Iodine.
Apply liberally to the affected areas at least 4 times daily.
Contraindications and cautions:
- External Use Only
- Store below 25°C.
- Not to be used in known hypersensitivity to iodine or povidone.
- If irritation, redness or swelling develops, discontinue treatment and consult a doctor.
- Do not use in infants under 6 months of age.
- Not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- For further information on contraindications to the use of povidone-iodine containing preparations, please refer to the package insert or consult your healthcare professional prior to use.
- Povidone-Iodine preparations should not be applied over a long period and to large areas of the skin (e.g., not to more than 10% of the total body surface and for not longer than 14 days) unless strictly indicated.
Always read the label and use only as directed.