Blackmores Digestive Aid 60 Capsules August 2023
Blackmores Digestive Aid provides a blend of enzymes and herbs used in traditional Western herbal medicine to support healthy digestion.
Blackmores Digestive Aid offers dual action* digestion support because it contains enzymes for the breakdown of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, lactose and plant fibres and herbs traditionally used in western herbal medicine for symptomatic relief of dyspepsia/indigestion.
Microbially derived enzymes possess activity at different pH levels. This enables Digestive Aid to be more consistently active and functional for a longer distance as it is transported through the digestive tract.
*Dual Action formula contains:
- Two herbs traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to relieve digestive complaints such as bloating, indigestion and feelings of fullness.
- Digestive enzymes support the digestion including some “problem foods” – dairy, protein, carbohydrates and fats.
Blackmores Digestive Aid is suitable for vegetarians.
Amylase 10,000 DU
Protease (4.5) 40,000 HUT
Protease (peptidase) 10,000 HUT
Protease (6.0) 60,000 HUT
Protease - total 60,000 HUT
Bromelains 33.3 mg (1.0 million USP PU)
Tilactase 1,000 ALU
Lipase 800 LipU
Cellulase 150 CU
Foeniculum vulgare (fennel) extract equivalent to dry root 400 mg
Gentian lutea (gentian) extract equivalent to dry root 335 mg
This product is not halal certified, and does not contain any animal derived ingredients. Alcohol can be used during enzyme production, resulting in trace amounts possibly remaining in the finished product.
Adults - Take 1 capsule 3 times a day with food, as needed or as professionally prescribed
Children under 12 years – Only as professionally prescribed
Contraindications and cautions:
- Contains sodium benzoate.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
- Not recommended for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Contains bromelain derived from pineapple.
- Blackmores Digestive Aid does not appear to contain lactose however milk may have been used in the original fermentation process which is either consumed during fermentation or removed during the enzyme purification process.
- Capsules should be swallowed whole.
Always read the label and use only as directed. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.