Blackmores Evening Primrose Oil 125 Capsules July 2025
Blackmores Evening Primrose Oil contains cold-pressed EPO and is a natural source of omega-6 fatty acid gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) and linoleic acid (LA).
• Evening primrose oil (EPO) is a source of the omega-6 essential fatty acids gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) and linoleic acid (LA).
• Lifestyle factors such as excess saturated fats in the diet and stress levels also affect GLA metabolism.
• Provides omega-6 essential fatty acids which provide anti-inflammatory support.
• Provides support for skin health and hydration.
Omega-6 fatty acids and substances made from them are components of nerve cells, all cell membranes and hormone-like substances known as prostaglandins. Prostaglandins have multiple local hormone-like actions, including regulation of tissue inflammation.
Women with premenstrual syndrome (PMS) are shown to exhibit low levels of GLA. A lack of essential fatty acid can lead to an excess of the female hormone prolactin, responsible for many of the symptoms of PMS. Supplementing with EPO increases a prostaglandin known as PGE1, which may help with the symptoms of PMS.
Conditions that involve inflammation, such as eczema (particularly children with eczema), may also benefit from supplementation with omega-6 essential fatty acids.
Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) 1g (1000mg) Providing: gamma-Linolenic acid (GLA) 100mg.
The oil in Blackmores Evening Primrose Oil is derived from seeds of the Oenothera plant species and has a high yield of Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA).
No added yeast, gluten, wheat, milk derivatives, flavours or sweeteners.
For general health and wellbeing:
Adults - Take 2-4 capsules per day, or as professionally prescribed. Take with food.
For skin and as an anti-inflammatory:
Adults - Take 2 capsules, twice a day, or as professionally prescribed. Take with food.
Children under 18 years – only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and cautions:
• Store below 25°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
• May occasionally cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms or headache.
• Contains phenylalanine, soya bean products and sulphites.
• Not recommended for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
• This product isn’t suitable for vegetarians as it does contain bovine (cow) gelatin in the capsule.
• If you have any pre-existing conditions, or are on any medications always talk to your health professional before use
• Some products should be ceased at least two weeks before any elective surgery, please confirm with your health professional
• A clear, pale yellow, oblong, soft gelatin capsule.
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.