Blackmores Folate 90 Tablets July 2024
Blackmores Folate is a source of folic acid which may reduce the risk of birth defects of the brain and/or spinal cord, such as spina bifida or anencephaly.
Taken daily for one month before conception and during pregnancy, folate, also called folic acid, plays a role in DNA and RNA synthesis, which is critical for cellular division. Adequate folic acid is required in order for cells to divide properly. Since the development and growth of a foetus involves constant cell division, there’s an increase in demand for folate.
- Helps to prevent neural tube defects such as spina bifida when trying to conceive and during the first trimester of pregnancy
- Maintains folic acid levels in the body
- Assists healthy red blood cell production
- Supports general health and wellbeing
- Convenient one-a-day dosage
Supplementation of folate is recommended for at least one month prior to conception and during pregnancy.
Folic acid 500 micograms
No added yeast, gluten, wheat, milk derivatives, preservatives, artificial flavours or sweeteners.
Adults – Take 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 12 years – Only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and cautions:
- Store below 30°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Do not exceed the stated dose of folic acid except on medical advice. If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect you should seek specific medical advice.
- Do not use if cap seal is broken.
- Contains soya bean products.
- Not to be taken with Blackmores Conceive Well Gold, Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold, Blackmores I-Folic, or other folic acid containing supplements.
- Small round biconvex, white to off-white film coated tablet
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.