Blackmores Lutein Defence 60 Tablets September 2024
Blackmores Lutein Defence is an antioxidant formula containing lutein and zeaxanthin that may help support healthy eye function.
- Supports eye macula health
- Supports retina health
- Contains antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin to reduce free radicals in the body
- Supports general health and wellbeing
It has been suggested that lutein and zeaxanthin help defend against changes to the macula by reducing oxidative damage. The macula is the area at the centre of the retina and is responsible for providing acute central vision. Our ability to read, recognise faces, see fine detail and drive, all rely on the macula. Inside the eye, lutein and zeaxanthin help to filter blue light and may help to protect the macula from light induced damage. Lutein and zeaxanthin may also help to scavenge free radicals in the eye.
The body cannot produce lutein or zeaxanthin so they must be obtained from the diet or from supplementation.
Lutein 10 mg
Zeaxanthin 2 mg
Blackmores Lutein Defence has NO added wheat, yeast, gluten, milk derivatives, artificial sweeteners or flavours.
Adults – Take 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 18 years old – Only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and cautions:
- If you have any pre-existing conditions, or are on any medications always talk to your health professional before use.
- Some products should be ceased at least two weeks before any elective surgery, please confirm with your health professional.
- Store below 30°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
- This product is vegan and vegetarian friendly.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your health professional before use.
- Physical description: Small oval terracotta tablet.
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.