Blackmores Natural Vitamin E 500IU 150 Capsules
Blackmores Natural Vitamin E 500IU helps maintain heart health as it is an antioxidant and free radical scavenger. It has approximately twice the bioavailability of synthetic vitamin E, meaning it is more readily absorbed into the body.
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble antioxidant vitamin, directly involved in preventing free radical activity and lipid peroxidation (damage to polyunsaturated fatty acids in cell membranes). Vitamin E’s impact on the skin and blood vessels is likely to be due to its antioxidant properties.
Free radicals may be generated by normal metabolism as well as lifestyle factors such as exposure to cigarette smoke, alcohol intake, certain preservatives in food (eg. nitrates), by ozone, chlorine, rancid food and excess dietary fats. Diets high in polyunsaturated fats increase Vitamin E requirements.
d-alpha-Tocopherol (natural vitamin E 500IU) 335 mg
Blackmores Natural Vitamin E 500IU is not suitable for vegetarians as the capsule is made from bovine (beef) gelatin.
Adults – Take 1 capsule once a day with food, or as professionally prescribed
Not suitable for children under 12 years.
Contraindications and cautions
- Store below 30°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Do not use if you have pre-existing severe heart disease (such as heart attack or stroke)
- Contains soy bean products and sulfites
- No added yeast, gluten, wheat or milk derivatives.
- No added artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners.
- Not recommended for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- If you have any pre-existing conditions, or are on any medications always talk to your health professional before use
- Some products should be ceased at least two weeks before any elective surgery, please confirm with your health professional
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
Expiry Date: November 2024