Blackmores Vitex Angus-Castus 40 Tablets February 2025
Blackmores Vitex Agnus-Castus was traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to help stabilise menstrual cycle irregularity, as well as reducing the symptoms of PMT. Blackmores Vitex Agnus-Castus can also help to relieve pre-menstrual symptoms (PMS) such as breast pain, breast tenderness, premenstrual acne, fluid retention and to help maintain healthy hormonal balance. It is believed to act primarily on the pituitary-hypothalamic axis, rather than directly on the ovaries. Vitex inhibits release of follicle stimulating hormone, whilst stimulating the release of luteinising hormone. These effects result in a shift in the oestrogen and progesterone ratio in favour of the latter, and vitex may be of assistance in cases of progesterone deficiency (relative to oestrogen).
Traditionally used in Western Herbal medicine:
- Help relieve symptoms of PMT
- Helps regulate the menstrual cycle
Vitex agnus-castus (chaste tree) equivalent to dry fruit 660mg; (standardised to contain agnuside 550mcg).
No added yeast, gluten, wheat, milk derivatives or preservatives.
No added artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners.
Adults - Take 1 tablet 3 times per day or as professionally prescribed. Take with food.
Contraindications and cautions:
- Store below 30°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Do not use during pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Vitex agnus-castus may affect hormones and medicines such as oral contraceptives. Consult your health professional before use.
- Contains soya bean products and sulfites
- Do not use if tamper evident seal is broken or missing.
- Brown/beige/grey mottled oval shaped tablet.
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.