RID Medicated Insect Repellent Tropical Strength Spray 150g
RID Medicated Insect Repellent Tropical Strength Spray provides long lasting protection against mosquitoes for 6 hours. It is especially formulated to repel insects in the toughest conditions.
RID Medicated Insect Repellent Tropical Strength Spray helps protect you and your family against the risk of bites from disease carrying insects - including mosquitoes, flies, gnats, tsetse flies, ants and lice.
RID may be best classified as a medicated insect repellent as claims such as “medicated” and “first aid” and “antiseptic” appear on its packaging. In order to obtain registration of therapeutic goods in Australia, stringent criteria must be met prior to gaining registration.
- Formulated with Antiseptic to reduce inflammation and assists to prevent infection caused by insect bites.
- Designed to be applied as a FIRST AID as a BEFORE and AFTER bite medication.
- Repels against mosquitoes that may carry Ross River Virus and Dengue.
- No touch application in handy size bottle
- PETA-friendly, NOT tested on animals’ medication.
- 5 Year Shelf Life.
RID is endorsed by both APVMA (Australian Pesticide Veterinary Medicinal Association) and TGA (Therapeutic Goods Association). It is the only brand to receive medical endorsements from hospitals, medicinal and overseas travel organisations. RID’s approved by all State Health Departments, Medical Boards and Travel Authorities.
Contains 19.5% DEET at safe levels to effectively repel for 6 hours.
191g/L N,N-Diethyl-meta-toluamide (DEET)
40g/L N-Octyl Bicycloheptene Dicarboximide
20g/L Di-n-propyl isocinchomeronate
DEET WARNING: May be dangerous, particularly to children, if used in large amounts on the skin, clothes, or bedding, or on large areas of the body, especially if you keep using it for a long time.
Hold can upright and spray all exposed skin in a sweeping motion from a distance of 15-20cm. Do not spray towards eyes or mouth. To apply to face, spray on hands and rub on. Do not apply to eyes, mouth or babies’ hands.
Contraindications and cautions:
- For external use only.
- Do not allow children under 10 years of age to apply repellent themselves.
- Do not apply to young children’s hands or around eyes and mouth.
- Do not breathe in, swallow, or get into the eyes.
- Do not put repellent on wounds or broken skin.
- For sensitive skins, test product for any skin irritation on a small area of skin first. If irritation and rash develops, discontinue use and seek medical advice.
- Do not apply to eyes, mouth or babies’ hands.
- Avoid contact with spectacle frames, soft plastics or synthetic fibres, timber fittings and furniture.
- Keep in an upright position, in a cool place out of the sun.
- Dispose of can by putting in garbage or leaving it at an appropriate metal recycling point.
- Do not spray directly on pets, exposed food, water, food preparation areas or food utensils.
- Extremely flammable. Do not store or use near naked flame, heat or any incandescent material.
- Deliberately sniffing or inhaling concentrated spray can be harmful or fatal.
Always read the label and use only as directed.
Australia Made & Owned